Our experiences are designed to be extremely fun, interactive and deeply immersive. For your own safety we need to make you aware of some safety precautions that may need to be observed whilst in our imaginary worlds.
To reduce the risk of injury to you and others, please follow the instructions given to you by IN A BOX 3 team members during your time at our venue. If instructions are not followed, we reserve the right to remove you from the experience without a refund.
Please treat your fellow teammates, staff members and other visitors with respect. Any discriminatory language, any form of harassment or unlawful behaviour will not be tolerated and will result in removal from the venue.
There will be no inappropriate behaviour or horseplay within the experience. Those wearing a VR headset are unable to see the real world, therefore inappropriate behaviour can cause injury or damage to equipment.
Please respect our VR equipment. The equipment is expensive, and IN A BOX 3 reserves the right to charge customers for any damage which is intentional or caused by misuse of items.
If you feel there is a technical problem with your VR equipment or the experience, please talk into your headset and make a team member aware (we will be listening and can communicate with you via your headset) OR remove your headset and make a team member aware.
There will be team members on hand inside the experience to help guide you through each zone and assist should you or one of your teammates experience any unpleasant symptoms such as dizziness, sickness, or anxiety.
In order to participate fully in the experience, we recommend headsets be worn at all times. However, if you are feeling unwell, please remove your headset and make a team member aware. There will be a First Aider on site, and they will respond accordingly.
If, for any reason, you feel dizzy, disorientated or just plain scared, stand still and remove your headset.
No personal belongings (including mobile phones and cameras) are allowed in the experience so please secure any bags and belongings in the lockers available on site. Customers who store their belongings in the lockers available do so at their own risk.
Food and drink cannot be taken into the experience. All food and drink must be consumed in the bar area. If you have any medical conditions and require food and drink on your person, please let us know at least 48 hours before your visit.
Remember, not all objects within the VR experience exist in the real environment therefore do not to attempt to sit or stand on them or use them for support.
Walls are indicated within the game and are recognised by the VR headset, however, DO NOT attempt to run, as the virtual world may react and display the environment slower than you can run, resulting in potential injury.
A comfortable VR experience requires an unimpaired sense of motion and balance therefore please do not take part if you are: experiencing any stress or anxiety towards participation; mentally exhausted; or suffering from a cold, headache, migraine, or earache.
You will be refused entry/asked to leave the site if you are under the influence of drugs or excess alcohol. VR puts your brain in a state of altered reality and any drug or excess alcohol influence could cause serious harm or injury.
It is strongly recommended that you should not enter the experience if you are:
- Tired, sleep-deprived, ill, under the influence of alcohol or drugs, hung-over, have digestive problems, in pain, or feel stressed or anxious in any way
- Prone to motion sickness or have previously experienced discomfort when using virtual reality headsets
Or if you have:
- Pre-existing health conditions
- Been advised not to participate by your doctor
- Poor balance or rely on walking aids
- Encountered issues previously when using virtual reality headsets
You must not enter the Experience if you have:
- An eye infection or conjunctivitis
- Any contagious conditions, infections, or diseases, particularly of the eyes, skin, or scalp
- Any medical condition that affects your ability to safely perform physical activities
If any of the conditions below apply to you, then you should consult a doctor before agreeing to participation in the experience:
- You are pregnant
- You have experienced severe dizziness, seizures, epileptic seizures or blackouts triggered by light ﬂashes or patterns
- You have had a seizure, loss of awareness, or any other symptom linked to an epileptic condition
- You have high blood pressure
- You have pre-existing binocular vision abnormalities
- You have psychiatric disorders
- You suﬀer from a heart condition
- You have a current or previous medical condition such as severe headaches, earaches or suffer from another serious medical condition that may impact your health when using VR headsets
- You are elderly with any of the health issues mentioned above
- You have a cardiac pacemaker or another implanted medical device
After the Experience:
Any motion sickness, dizziness, impaired balance, or disorientation symptoms triggered by VR headset use may persist and become more apparent hours after use. These post-use symptoms can also include drowsiness and a decreased ability to multi-task. These symptoms may put you at an increased risk of injury when engaging in normal activities.
Until fully recovered from these symptoms; it is recommended that you do not drive a vehicle, operate machinery, or take part in activities that may have potentially serious consequences. See a doctor if you have serious and/or persistent symptoms.
Should you or any of your party be suffering from COVID-19 symptoms, have been diagnosed with COVID-19 within 14 days prior to the booking date, or have been notified by NHS COVID-19 app and been told to isolate, you and/or they should not attend site and should contact AVR by email by 5pm on the day prior to the booking at [email protected] to rearrange the Experience.
We ask that all visitors and customers abide by all government guidance aimed at preventing the transmission of the virus, details of which can be accessed via the following link: https://www.gov.uk/coronavirus and https://www.nhs.uk/conditions/coronavirus-covid-19/
Should an individual not comply with safety measures in place at the venue, we reserve the right to remove the individual in the interests of public safety and in accordance with the above terms and conditions.